GAR Plastics, Inc. is a pioneer of recycling industrial plastics. We are committed to creating a sustainable future for generations to come. We work with many companies across a variety of industries to recycle plastic and prevent it from ending up in landfills. We are growing and currently looking for dedicated individuals with motivated behavior, a positive attitude, and a desire to grow.
Machine Operators are responsible for operating shredders and grinders that process industrial plastic. In the completion of these recycling tasks, the machinery must be prepped, continuously fed material, and cleaned in a safe manner.
- Report to work on time
- Follow all safety standards and procedures
- Prepare tools, equipment, and materials for assigned jobs as directed
- Assist with job layout, site preparation, and all job-related tasks as directed
- Feed material into a shredder
- Log weights of full boxes into production logs
- Perform job site cleanup including collection of all tools, equipment and material
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are returned to their proper place in a clean and secure manner daily
- Perform all other duties in the best interest of the company or as directed by the Supervisor or line lead.
- High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or climb as directed
- Ability to stand entire shift
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Forklift Experience (Preferred)
- Competitive Wages
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus Programs
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Career Growth and Advancement
This position operates on 12 hour shift 6am to 6pm and 6pm-6am.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17-$20 per hour