GAR Plastics, Inc. is a pioneer of recycling industrial plastics. We are committed to creating a sustainable future for generations to come. We work with many companies across a variety of industries to recycle plastic and prevent it from ending up in landfills. We are growing and currently looking for dedicated individuals with motivated behavior, positive attitude, and a desire to grow.
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for maintaining, servicing, and repairing machinery and equipment in the manufacturing plant.
- Perform maintenance on customer equipment as schedule by management
- Maintain company owned machinery equipment, meters, and vehicles
- Ensure work area is kept in a neat, clean condition by picking up all tools and equipment at the end of the work day
- Use provided tools and equipment with care
- Provide personal tools for basic Maintenance Mechanic work
- Request parts/filters from Service Manager as needed
- Maintain proper truck stock inventory
- Accurately record hours worked and all performed work on work orders
- Ensure proper billing of customers at current rates
- Answer customer and employee questions about equipment
- Clean equipment as necessary
- Inform management of any potential customer problems/complaints
- Assist other employees with technical knowledge
- Turn in all paperwork promptly at the end of each job
- Ensure the Service Manager is informed of current available equipment
- Able to work a 12-hour 2-2-3 schedule (6PM to 6AM), we are currently operating on an 8-hour schedule.
- Ability to maintain and operate heating and refrigeration equipment
- Ability to lift, push, pull, crawl, bend, stoop, or climb as needed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand the entire shift
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Forklift Experience (Preferred)