GAR Plastics, Inc. is a pioneer of recycling industrial plastics. We are committed to creating a sustainable future for generations to come. We work with many companies across a variety of industries to recycle plastic and prevent it from ending up in landfills. We are growing and currently looking for dedicated individuals with motivated behavior, positive attitude, and a desire to grow.
Material Handlers are responsible for maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies, and staging finished product. Loading and unloading trucks inbound and outbound trucks.
- Locate and deliver raw material to all lines in a timely manner
- Remove, weigh, wrap, and stage finished goods
- Document all information about WIP and finished goods on production logs
- Ensure all lines and operators have correct amount of inventory by delivering or removing inventory as necessary to maximize the production output
- Understand and follow all GAR and Customer SOPs, safety rules/regulations, and good manufacturing practices
- Maintain positive professional working relationships with superiors and coworkers from all departments
- Locate materials and supplies by verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders
- Move inventory around the factory by identifying, labeling, and placing material in the designated locations
- Provide WIP inventory to work centers by delivering correct inventory
- Open material and supplies for machine operators
- Wrap and stage finished goods for shipment
- Document materials/supplies disposition by recording units deliver to various locations in the plant
- Document product shipment by recording units shipped
- Sustain material handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and documenting state of equipment
- Assist in all other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor and/or management
- High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or climb as directed
- Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
- Forklift Experience (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time